Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Trying" to lose weight...

For those of you who have followed my blog from the begginning... you have heard time and time again how I was "trying" to lose weight.. trying this... trying that.... and of course.... unfortunately... I am a few pounds lighter, but not the amount that I wanted to be....

Yet again I am going to try.... but this time... I am praying.... things will be different. I have watched the biggest loser the past few seasons.... I get inspired.... change for a few weeks and then nothing......


As I was online one day I was looking at some information from a christian radio station up here.... and Julie Hadden was on.... you know runner-up from one of the seasons of The Biggest Loser..... well I went to her website... and they had a quote of hers.... it just touched me....

This is what Julie has to say...

"All my life I had tried to please God. But it became increasingly apparent that I had not treated my body as a temple; I had treated it as a fair ground. I thought God was mad at me because I was fat. And although He wants us to care for the body He has given us, I realized He was far more concerned with the condition of my heart than any number on the scale. When I began to truly see the 'Julie' God created me to be instead of the 'Julie' I had created through a lifetime of bad habits, my life was changed forever."

- Julie Hadden


I have embarked on the journey of losing weight so many times.... what I'm learning in my new bible study Thin Within is that eating is like anything else in our lives. We have to trust God and seek his will for our lives, and that includes what we put and how much we put into our bodies.

I am combining this with Weight Watchers in hopes to reach my "God given natural size". My first "weigh-in" is on monday and I will share off and on about my weight loss journey.

I am not going to put a lot of pressure on myself, because I have seen women (and men) who for years have tried to lose weight, and I know it's process and a journey. What is different this time is I'm learning why I eat and learning that those emotions that drive me to eating, should be driving me to the Lord. I can cast those emotions on him and he through the Holy Spirit will give me the strength I need to just say no to that cheesburger... or piece of cheescake or whatever the tempting thing might be at the time.

Also I'm learning that "All things are permissible but not all things are beneficial". Cheescake isn't bad, but at some moments it may not be the best thing for my body. One of the biggest things I'm learning is to only eat when I am truly hungry, and stop when I feel satisified. It may sound simple but it's amazing how we keep eating even though our bodies have had more than enough.

Another quote that really stood out to me this week from the study was "Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing."

I just ask anyone who reads this to say a prayer for me. I am praying that throughout this process my relationship with Christ will grow stronger, and because of that I know I will be under attack and hopefully scripture combined with prayer I will come out victorious, and lose (release) the weight for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment