Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I just said NO!!!! :-)

Today I attended my son's kindergarten wedding of letters "Q" and "U". It was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen... and so creative. They even had cupcakes afterwards with juice for all the wedding attendees and the wedding party.


It really was soooo adorable. As I was watching I could smell the sugar from the cupcakes. I didn't take a picture so here's a picture of a delicious cupcake... I know it's cruel isn't it! :-) I felt like I was on an episode of The Biggest Loser... surrounded by something that is so tempting and something that before you started your weight loss journey you wouldn't have hesitated eating.


I knew it would be tempting afterwards and so I had to set my resolve. Sometimes I'll talk myself into taking a "bite" and then scarfing down the whole thing and then since I gave in, I figure it would be ok to have another one. Today I was able to say NO! That is such a big moment for me! I even had to unwrap and touch 2 of them as I gave them to my 4 year old in attendance with me.

I'm almost finished with Julie Hadden's book "Fat Chance" and it is changing me. Along with my bible study I'm doing called Thin Within, the combination is proving a good choice for me.

I must give the glory to God though for these strong moments. He is the one that gives us the strength in everything we do, and for me... today... saying no to that delicous cupcake was a huge success!

Don't worry though.... as I get stronger.... I will let myself have one of those every once in a while....who can live without cupcakes!!??? :-)...

No comments:

Post a Comment