Friday, February 11, 2011

back to blogging????

Well the other day I was inspired to start writing again.... my best friend (a great blogger by the way!!) had a blog and encouraged people to start a blog. I'm not a great writer, but I do love to share things I'm learning in my life and things that God is showing and teaching me.

So I find myself back in the blogging world. I don't know how many people will read what I am writing, but the ones that are supposed to will, and maybe as I learn to live for God and go through the daily struggles of life, I will hopefully inspire and encourage others.

So I'm back... Thanks Chrissy

I'd like to leave you all with a poem I came across....

BEING A MOM

The house is untidy from window to door,
Marks on the walls and food on the floor.

The washing's unwashed
and the dishes are too,
...There's scum in the bathroom
And fat on the stew.

There are toys in the passage
And under our feet;
The garden's a jungle
When seen from the street.

So what have I done, then
To earn my repose?
To just look around me
You'd say no-one knows!
I've held a small hand
As his first steps he took.

I've made animal noises
As we read a book.

I've built a mud pie
And admired a snail.

I've rescued the cat
From a grip on her tail.

I've wiped away tears,
And I've listened to tales.

I've used mediation
To get smiles from wails.

So I guess what I've done
Isn't easy to see -
It won't clean the house
And it won't cook the tea.

But if I have helped make a child feel good,
know that he's loved and
that he's understood,
then I know that my work,
though not easy to see,
is just as important as any could be.

~~ Author Unknown ~~

Sometimes it's easy to get overwhelmed with all that we have to do as moms, but we always need to keep in mind the bigger picture. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing, Kassie. Even if it's just a few lines from something simple that happened during the day! :)

    ReplyDelete