Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The B-I-B-L-E..... yes that's the book for me :-)

I was having a little writers block but then I remembered a status on facebook that really caught my attention......

"Wonder what would happen if we treated our BIBLE like our CELL PHONE? We CARRY it every where we go. We flipped through it throughout the day. We went home to get it if we FORGOT it. We RECEIVED messages from the text. We COULDN'T live WITHOUT it. We GAVE it to KIDS as gifts. We used it in case of emergency. One more thing, it would NEVER be disconnected. JESUS has already paid the bill."

I remember reading it a while back and I just kinda of glanced over it, but this past week I really took the time to read it and think about it... and I was convicted. So many times when I have some "down" time... I am grabbing my cell phone... the laptop or the remote control..... but I should be grabbing my bible.




One of my favorite old shows is Little House on the Prairie... and when I watch it I'm always amazed because a lot of times at night before Caroline would go to bed...... she would be up reading her bible.... and I watch that and think wow.... usually i'm on the internet on my cellphone before bed....

I am realizing how I take the bible for granted... there are so many other countries who don't even have access to the Word of ......and here in our house we probably have 10 bibles.... and yet I don't make as much time as I should to read it....

It just really made me think.... hope it makes you think too....

No comments:

Post a Comment