Monday, May 9, 2011

is it really that easy???.....

I saw a quote on facebook a while back and posted it as my status update as well, but when I really sit down and think about the words.... is it really that easy to just walk away??

Here's the quote:

"There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama & people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh and love, forget the bad, & focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy."


Personally speaking I have always been the kind of person that can't stand it to have someone not "like" them..... I have always tried to get along with everyone and be everyone's friend. However we are humans and not everyone gets along or "likes" everyone else, But what about those people that are supposed to be your friends? What about family members who have hurt you? Is it really that easy to just write them out of your life?


I have tried in the past to do that with certain people in my life but it just doesn't work. Maybe it's because I want peace or maybe it's because I truly want those people in my life, or maybe it's because I just don't want to think that someone out there is upset with me, I don't know. Maybe sometimes I let things go that I shouldn't..... I just know I wish it was that easy to just wake up one day and not care what those people thought of me, or how they have hurt me and to let the "bad" go and just focus on the "good".

I guess maybe in the midst of that quote it needs to be added that we have to give it to the Lord and leave it in his hands. I think that is the only way we will really experience peace and happiness, and then after we have left it in his capable hands.... then we pray...... we pray for those lost friendships or family relationships and pray that if it is in his will for those to be there, that someday.... in his timing.....they will be. I think also though we have to pray that if that friendship or relationship is to no longer be there... to have the strength to forgive and let it go.... that might just be the hardest prayer of all......

Ok.... i'm done with my thoughts for the day.....it's just been one of those emotional days for me I guess..... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment