Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Transitioning to a less technological life.... well.. sort of

My last blog was about how I feel that too much technology is stealing my time away, and so I wanted to tell you all how things are starting to change. It is a little bit harder than I thought, but so far so good. I am watching more how much my children are playing the wii, watching T.V. and on the computer. I am only on facebook about two or three times a day and just for about 15 minutes or so. It is difficult though when you take a step back and look at how much the T.V. and computer and video games can overwhelm your life.

One of my best friends chose to delete her facebook all together, and I am proud of her, she did what she needed to do. If my decrease in technology doesn't prove to be enough, I might do a "no screens" day, or a part of the day that is "no screens".

The hardest days are the ones where I am tired, or overwhelmed and it's so easy to turn on the T.V. or the computer or the WII.... but I have realized that these changes don't always happen overnight. Sometimes they are a day by day lesson. You learn each day to make a choice to seek God instead of facebook. To spend more time with your kids then having them watch T.V. for that hour. To enjoy being a family playing a game, or just spending time with each other instead of all facing the T.V. So even though I am not where I want to be today, I have faith that we will get there. It just takes making the touch decisions each day, and then seeing what a blessing it is when we make those small changes.

I'll keep you all updated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment