Tuesday, October 27, 2009

On a Healthy Kick.... hope it stays!!

Well for those of you who read a few blogs ago how I was going to try t-burn... well I tried, but this time around seemed to be different. It made me feel a little edgy, and I just didn't feel good on it, so now I am going to go the heatlhy route. A friend at the gym set me up with a killer workout.... i'm taking a spinning class, and I'm watching my calorie intake. Hopefully those numbers on the scale, or at least my clothing will go down soon!!

My bible study is going really well. This week was about "A heart for your husband" and what it really means to be a christian submissive wife. In today's culture everyone is always talking like "aint no man gonna tell me what to do" etc.... but in the bible God tells us how we are to act, and we are to be our husbands help mate. A quote that really stood out to me from the workbook this week is

"Submitting to another person is an often misunderstood concept. It does not mean becoming a doormat. Christ-at whose name "every knee shall bow in Heaven and on earth and under the earth" -submitted His will to the Father, and we honor Christ by following his example. When we submit to God we become more willing to obey His command to submit to others, that is, to subordinate our rights to theirs. For a wife this means willingly following her husband's leadership in Christ."
Neil S Wilson

Those are hard words to swallow some time, but when we live as Christ wants us to live, there is more peace and more joy!!!

As far as my kids... Joseph and Samuel are doing great in pre-school and learning sooo much. I can't believe how big they are getting, and Jonathan is 6 months old and almost crawling, and almost sitting up... time seems to be flying with him as well.... but it's so exciting to see them learn and then master new skills... I'm so proud of all my children.

Well that's all for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it lasts for you, too! :o) I wish I could get back on track.

    ReplyDelete