Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Staying Focused & funny movie monday (on tuesday)

Well for those of you who follow my blog... you get to see a glimpse into my personality. You see I am one of those people who can't stay focused on one thing for very long. I get very excited about something and put all I have into it, then as time goes on, my interest fades, and then after a few weeks I am very interested in it all over again. For example.... facebook. There are weeks where that is my source of entertainment and social outlet, I can't wait to check my page and see all the new status updates. Then for a few weeks, I have no desire to go and check it at all. Another example..... this blog :-) For some weeks as you will notice if you scroll through previous blogs, there will be several in a row, then a few scattered ones, and then a few close together. There is one area however that this kind of weakness/personality trait (whatever you want to call it) is not so good.......... In my walk with Christ. You see this is one area I have to work even harder to make sure that I stay focused and to stay committed even when I may not "feel" like it.

As you may remember I committed to reading through the bible in a year as one of my new years resolutions. Well to report I am doing good, behind a little but doing good. I am finding weekends are the hardest to make sure I get that time in. It's so easy for other things to take precedence and consume my day and my time, then I find myself laying in bed at night praying "Lord... i didn't spend any time with you today.. please forgive me".... and I feel him saying in a fatherly voice "I forgive you and I love you, but my child, you need to make me priority #1".


I didn't do "movie monday" yesterday but i'll put a little video at the end of this... I normally do serious stuff... but here are a couple of snippits from a favorite christian comedian of mine.. Tim Hawkins... enjoy!


This one is called "homeschool family" to the tune of the "adams family"



(Scary Bedtime Prayer)


(medication side effects)

No comments:

Post a Comment