Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lessons learned......

ok.... I should really say Lessons I'm learning... :-)

I was part of the bible study Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst and I made it to 2 out of 6 but with Anna, and Samuel's pre-school I just couldn't make it to all of them. However I am still reading the book on my own and finishing the study, and every chapter speaks to me about something new. This following excerpt really spoke to me.

"I think alot of us try to get filled up with things or people. In Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, I talked about how I walked around for years with a little heart-shaped cup, holding it out to other people and things trying to find fulfillment. Some of us hold out our heart-shaped cup to food. Others demand that husbands love us in ways that right our wrongs and fill up our insecurities. Sometimes we expect our kids to be successful so we look good and have our worth validated by their accomplishments. Or we overspend our budget on an outfit we just have to have.

Whatever it is, if we are really going to stop circling the mountain and head north toward lasting changes, we have to empty ourselves of the lie that other people or things can ever fill our hearts to the full. Then we have to deliberately and intentionally fill up on Gods truths and stand secure in His love."


It made me think about what I use to try and fill up my "heart shaped cup" ...... Makes me question if i'm way to caught up in what the world views as important and not enough about what God thinks is important...... I know this is something I will be doing some pretty heavy thinking on...... and hoping to seek him more than things of this world....






No comments:

Post a Comment