Monday, March 15, 2010

Movie Monday : Why not now?

I was driving yesterday to take my stepson to meet his mom after he had a weekend visit with us.... and on the way back.... I wanted to take advantage of the alone time and spend some time with God praying and worshipping him...... and so each new city/state I went into I would scroll and find the christian radio station in that area.... I began to think about my relationship with God.... and how this year I started off really strong, and how already it was begginning to fade a bit..... I would forget to do a quiet time one day.... not pray as much the next.... and before I knew it... I saw how life was bogging me down.... and it was happening so quickly.... I kept having those moments where I would say... "tomorrow I'll make sure to read my bible"..... but then tomorrow happens... and one thing after another and before I know it... I'm laying my head to go to sleep at night... and thinking.... today is already gone..... I'll do it tomorrow...

Well I LOVE toby mac.... and it just so happened (God ordained!) that Toby Mac's song City on our Knees came on.... and it was like God was telling me "kassie... quit planning and just DO IT!" Here are some of the lyrics I heard..

IF YOU GOTTA START SOMEWHERE WHY NOT HERE
IF YOU GOTTA START SOMETIME WHY NOT NOW
IF WE GOTTA START SOMEWHERE I SAY HERE
IF WE GOTTA START SOMETIME I SAY NOW

The rest of the song speaks to the rest of what we should be focused on... reaching out to others and helping them stay focused as well.... and I'm sure it will speak other things to different people....

Here's a video for the song... the rest of the song is incredible, Please take a moment.... and watch and listen.... Why not now?

comment and let me know if and how it speaks to you...


2 comments:

  1. I love this song. It always makes me think about how I put things off and spend so much time planning and so little actually doing. Your posting this song was a real blessing to me today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

    Im usually faithful at spending time with God when my routine is normal; however, this week has been spring break and Ive struggled ALL WEEK making time for the Lord. Its definitely been difficult. Im ready for my normal weekday to resume!

    ReplyDelete